Through NYCEDC’s various projects, programs and initiatives, we’re helping create jobs throughout the five boroughs. From development and construction to affordable incubator spaces that nurture startups, from various types of funding to training programs, competitions, and neighborhood improvements, find out what we’re doing to help nurture businesses that create new jobs and fuel our economy.
Job Creation by Industry
- New York City’s fashion industry employs 173,000 people, accounting for 5.7% of the City’s workforce and generating nearly $10 billion in total wages with tax revenues of $1.7 billion (source: US Department of Labor).
- Given that proximity to factories is critical for designers, NYC remains a robust fashion manufacturing center. Fashion manufacturing represents 31% of all manufacturing jobs in NYC (source: Fashion.NYC.2020 Report).
- Design Entrepreneurs NYC: Free, intensive “mini-MBA” program that equips select fashion designers with the skills they need to successfully run a fashion label.
- Fashion Campus NYC: Free education and networking program to help interested university-level interns jump-start their careers on the business side of NYC’s fashion industry.
- Fashion Draft NYC: Talent recruitment program that aims to connect business-minded college seniors with management-track positions at some of NYC’s top fashion firms.
- CFDA Fashion Incubator: Operated by CFDA, the incubator offers low-cost studio space for up to 12 emerging fashion designers.
- Learn more about Fashion.NYC.2020 to see how NYCEDC is ensuring New York City’s position as the global leader in fashion.
- Want to see all NYCEDC Projects? Check out our list of NYCEDC Projects or locate them on our Interactive Map of Projects. Find the latest NYCEDC real estate development opportunities or join our interested subcontractors list.
- The New York metropolitan area has the largest scientific and healthcare workforce in the country, which accounts for 427,300 jobs. (source: US Department of Labor)
- Small Business Innovative Research: NYCEDC offers training workshops to help bioscience companies in New York City acquire funding and grants from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and Department of Defense (DoD).
- Learn more about the emerging NYC bioscience cluster.
- Download the Bioscience Incentives Guide to see how NYC is continuing to attract and build great life sciences companies.
- The tech hub in NYC is growing rapidly. In the last five years, information technology jobs in the City have increased by 28.7 percent. (source: Center for an Urban Future, New Tech City)
- General Assembly, Hive at 55, DUMBO Incubator: Workspaces for technology startups, media freelancers, and the Brooklyn digital/tech community.
- NYC BigApps Competition: Annual competition for individuals or companies to develop online mobile applications that utilize official City datasets.
- NYC Media Lab: Partnership to encourage collaboration between academic institutions undertaking research and companies looking to advance new media technologies.
- Applied Sciences: Groundbreaking citywide initiative to build engineering campuses to dramatically increase NYC’s capacity in the applied sciences to maintain our global competitiveness.
- Learn more about Media.NYC.2020: The City’s suite of initiatives aimed at strengthening and growing the media and technology sectors in New York City.
- Read the Media.NYC.2020 Report to see how NYCEDC is ensuring New York City’s position as the global leader in media and tech.
- The higher education industry employs over 120,000 people and makes up 4.1% of the City’s workforce. (source: Industry Snapshot Profiles)
- Build NYC: Facilitates access to tax-exempt bond financing for not-for-profit organizations, including educational institutions.
- Applied Sciences: Cornell/Technion will build a world-class applied sciences and engineering campus on Roosevelt Island, and NYU will lead a consortium to create the Center for Urban Science and Progress in Downtown Brooklyn.
- Read the Edutech.NYC.2020 Report to see how NYCEDC is implementing initiatives to support this emerging industry sector that applies innovative technology to deliver learner-centric, personalized educational methods.
See what we’re doing to create jobs in additional industries as well.
You can view the original content of this article HERE
Architectural Designs for Renovation (Residential & Commercial) – Zoning Calculations – Interior Designs – Change of use – Egress – Occupancy – Enlargement – Extensions – Final Certificate of Occupancy Conversion of 1-2-3-Multiple Family + More
Violations Removal for Department of Buildings (DOB) – HPD – Department of Transportation (DOT) – Fire Department (FDNY) – Department of Sanitation (DOS) – Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) – Environmental Control Board (ECB) + More
Expediting for all city agencies – DOB – FDNY – DOT – ECB – Department of Finance (DOF) – Landmarks + More
We offer all housing & building services: PLUMBERS – LICENSED CONTRACTORS – DEVELOPERS – PERMITS + MORE.
CALL US (347)- 968- 3777 FOR CONSULTATION
Email us NycBuildingSolutions@Gmail.com 24/7